Spicebush Swallowtail Butterfly
The false eyespots on the Spicebush swallowtail caterpillar are intended to frighten any predators
Butterfly Size: 3 – 4 inches
Plants for the Spicebush Swallowtail Butterfly
- Spicebush (Lindera benzoin)
- sassafras trees (Sassafras albidum)
- perhaps prickly ash (Zanthoxylum americanum)
- tulip tree (Liriodendron tulipifera)
- sweetbay (Magnolia virginiana)
- camphor (Cinnamomum camphora)
- redbay (Persea borbonia)
- Japanese honeysuckle
- sweet pepperbush
We Need Your Support
We need your help to continue to protect, promote, and celebrate the resources, people, and culture of the Lower Delta.
WHAT WE DO
Mississippi’s Lower Delta Partnership promotes and enhances the economic and environmental health of Mississippi’s Lower Delta.
We provide educational workshops and cultural programs; community and youth activities; encourage heritage, cultural, and nature tourism in our region; and act as an advocate for the South Delta.