Mississippi’s Lower Delta Partnership, or “LDP” is a grass roots non-profit organization which builds upon the traditional values and cultural and natural assets of the south Mississippi Delta to enhance the quality of life and the landscape of the area.
Working through a lean yet highly energetic staff and many local, active volunteers, our mission is to promote and enhance the economic and environmental health of Mississippi’s Lower Delta.
LDP does many things such as bringing business workshops and cultural programs for our citizens , promoting the use of our abundant public lands for consumptive and non-consumptive benefits, and encouraging heritage, cultural and nature tourism in our region.
LDP is a steadily growing force and leader in the Mississippi’s south Delta, making our home a better place for people, places, plants, and animals. We need your help to continue the momentum. Please join us today!
Some LDP projects include:
- Lower Delta Talks Series,
- Blue Lake Youth Fishing Rodeo,
- Great Delta Bear Affair festival,
- Lower Delta Outdoor Photography Contest,
- Youth Conservation Education Events,
- Mapping Delta paddling trails,
- Publishing promotional literature for Rolling Fork and the south Delta and placing these in State Visitor Centers,
- Representing the south Delta with State and Federal organizations,
- Participating in regional events and promotions,
- Encouraging nature, cultural and heritage tourism in the south Delta.